Saturday, December 15, 10 AM – Noon. Need cookies for your Christmas parties, gatherings, or just to enjoy at home? We are selling homemade cookies for $7/lb, or $20/3 lbs. Choose any mix and match variety you’d like.
We’re also having a Gingerbread House contest during the Cookie Sale. Children and adults of all ages are invited to submit a Gingerbread House for display. Want to enter? Contact the church for guidelines. We’ll have prizes for a few age categories. Show us how creative you can be! Shoppers at the cookie sale will get to vote on their favorites.
Want to donate cookies? We will gladly receive your donations for the sale. Just contact the church office (315-287-2440 or email@example.com) to let us know how many cookies you plan on bringing.
Gouverneur First UMC Gingerbread Contest
Saturday, December 15th, 2018
Rules: 1. Everything must be edible and sold as a food item, even if you wouldn’t actually want to eat it!
2. Gingerbread and/or graham crackers must make up the majority of the structure of your house.
3. You can use a pre-made kit or make your house from scratch. 4. Only one entry per person please.
5. Categories with prizes are: Family Creation, 10 and under, 11-18, and Adult.
6. Please place your name in a sealed envelope to submit with your entry. On the outside of the envelope, write the category of your entry.
7. Your house must be brought to the church by Friday, December 14th at 7pm. Houses can be dropped off between Monday, December 10th and Friday, December 14th between 9am-1pm, or on Friday, the 14th between 5pm-7pm.
8. Please pick your gingerbread house on Sunday, December 16th after worship.