• Palm/Passion Sunday – On Sunday, April 14th, we celebrate Jesus’ triumphant entry into Jerusalem, and hear the passion story in dramatic form, at our regular worship times. Come wave a palm and sing “Hosanna.” We’ll also strip the sanctuary, representing the abandonment Jesus experiences in his last days before his death.
• Palm Sunday Cantata – (April 14th) Join us for a special Lenten Cantata! The Song Everlasting is a sacred cantata based on early American songs. We will be joined by a chamber orchestra (6 instruments) and a narrator, and will be accompanied on piano. We’ll have an ecumenical (area-wide) choir leading us in a musical journey through the passion and resurrection of Jesus. 4pm in the sanctuary.
• Maundy Thursday Service (April 18th) – On Maundy Thursday, we’ll remember Jesus’ last meal with his disciples, his night in the Garden praying, and his betrayal and arrest. We will share together in Holy Communion. 7pm in the chapel.
• Good Friday Service (April 19th) – Our Good Friday service will be a Tenebrae service, or a service of shadows, as we remember the day Jesus was crucified. Come and join us for this very special time of worship. Service at 7:00pm in the chapel.
• Easter Sunrise – On Sunday, April 21st, we’ll meet at 7am on Wally Hurlbut’s property in North Gouverneur (2287 County Route 11/Rock Island Road) to celebrate the Resurrection!
Following the service, join us at North Gouverneur UMC (the intersection of County Route 11/Rock Island Road, Cream of the Valley Road and Maple Ridge Road) for breakfast.
• Easter Worship – Join us for our traditional Easter Worship service at 11am on the 21st. We’ll sing, “Christ the Lord is Risen Today” and celebrate the joy of Jesus, risen!